Spring and Fall–the “shoulder” seasons–are great times for cleanses and re-sets of your health. And, Spring is the perfect time to add a Candizolv™ cleanse to your ThreeLac™ regimen to root out any Candida hiding throughout your body.
If you are new to our proven One-Two Punch Candida treatment, you can find more information here.
In Spring and Fall, it is a good idea to support the body’s own cleansing process by eliminating foods that can be taxing to digestion, even for a short time. Cutting back on sugar, alcohol, gluten, coffee, yeast, dairy, eggs, grains, and meat is helpful, but if you can eliminate them for two weeks to a month it is even better. What to eat? Lots of vegetables, fruit, protein in the form of nuts and seeds. A few simple internet searches should yield numerous how-to articles and recipe ideas.
We all know how grueling the traditional Candida Diet is, which is why our products are such a boon!
Here are some other “Spring Cleansing” options that are easy ways to help invigorate and renew your body after the long winter:
- Add vegetables. When our moods are low because of darkness, we actually crave the less than optimal carbohydrates (mostly refined stuff: sugar, white flour, packaged food). One quick and easy way to upgrade your diet is to add vegetables. Here are some ideas for getting more veggies into your diet.
- Do a two- to four-week elimination diet.
- Drink water and herbal teas. Lots of water. If you are a person who finds water either boring or tummy-irritating, try infused water. Place a handful of fresh herbs, fruit and/or vegetables in a large pitcher or jar of water and put in the fridge overnight. Remove the fruit or veggies after about 24 hours and the flavors will remain. Some combos to try: lemon and ginger, cucumber and watermelon, peppermint or spearmint. Get creative! Good herbal teas for detoxification are those that support your liver and kidneys, including dandelion, red clover, cilantro, burdock root, milk thistle, and stinging nettle. Herbal teas can be purchased at health food stores or online. There are even some “detox” combination teas.
- Take a walk. Let’s face it–when the weather is grey, cold, drizzling, or snowy and icy, it’s awfully easy to default to the couch with a book or in front of the TV. But now is the time to get moving. It’s fine to start slow: a 10-minute walk after dinner every day is better than nothing. Work up to 30 minutes a day, five times a week for better circulation of blood and lymph, better heart and lung function, better sugar metabolism, even a better mood! And, all that circulation is helping your body detoxify! If you want a bit more challenge, check out your area for hiking trails. If you are a runner, run! Parkour, anyone?
- Take a bath. Here is a great detox bath recipe: Dissolve 1/4 Cup of sea salt, 1/4 Cup Epsom salt and 1/4 Cup of baking soda in boiling water poured into a quart jar. Fill tub with comfortably hot water and add 1/3 Cup apple cider vinegar and a few drops of essential oils, if desired. Pour in salt and soda mixture. Soak for 20-30 minutes. Check out more info on salts baths.
- Keep on Detoxin’. For more ideas specifically targeted at cleansing and detoxing from Candida, get our free ebook, Candida Detox Recovery Guide.
Yours for health & healing,
Your Friends at Candida Support